JBS SA (JBSS3), the biggest beef producer, says a record price surge isn’t over as ranchers struggle to satisfy demand, fueled by an expanding middle class in China.
- Created on Friday, 31 October 2014 16:37
- Written by Gerson Freitas Jr. - Oct 31, 2014 BLOOMBERG
- Created on Friday, 31 October 2014 16:29
- Written by Debjit Chakraborty and Yuji Okada - Oct 31, 2014 BLOOMBERG
Asian traders are split on whether Saudi Arabia will deepen the crude price cuts that propelled oil into a bear market this month.
- Created on Friday, 31 October 2014 16:18
- Written by Glenys Sim and Whitney McFerron - Oct 31, 2014 BLOOMBERG
Gold and silver fell in New York, slumping to the lowest since 2010, as the dollar strengthened after the Bank of Japan unexpectedly boosted stimulus and the Federal Reserve ended asset purchases this week.
- Created on Thursday, 30 October 2014 16:25
- Written by Agrimoney.com - Published 28/10/2014
US winter wheat seedlings have got off to a far worse start than investors had expected, undermined by drought in some western and southern areas, and raising further questions over global production potential for 2015.
- Created on Thursday, 30 October 2014 16:07
- Written by Debarati Roy and Nicholas Larkin - Oct 30, 2014 BLOOMBERG
Gold fell below $1,200 an ounce as a government report showed that the U.S. economy expanded more than forecast, damping demand for the metal as an alternative investment. Silver tumbled to a 55-month low.
- Created on Thursday, 30 October 2014 16:01
- Written by Mark Shenk - Oct 30, 2014 BLOOMBERG
West Texas Intermediate oil fell after the Federal Reserve ended its asset-purchase program and U.S. crude production surged to the highest level since the 1980s. Brent declined in London.
- Created on Monday, 27 October 2014 16:19
- Written by Agrimoney.com - Published 27/10/2014
Hedge funds, while taking a more negative take on soft commodities, extended their short covering in grains so much that, in corn, they were seen as having potentially opened the door for a fresh selling wave.
- Created on Monday, 27 October 2014 16:14
- Written by Ranjeetha Pakiam - Oct 24, 2014 BLOOMBERG
A weak El Nino will probably develop by the year-end, according to MDA Weather Services.
- WTI Oil Falls to 28-Month Low as Goldman Cuts Forecast
- WTI Falls as U.S. Inventories Increase More Than Expected
- US corn, soy harvest pace to accelerate - at last
- EU Gas Traders Boost Near-Term Buying to Cut Russia Need
- Gold Climbs to Five-Week High on U.S. Rate Outlook
- Oil falls as oversupply expectations persist
- Copper Jumps Most in Five Weeks on China Economic Data
- Cocoa prices have 'factored in Ebola', says ICCO